As a national law firm, Littler is able to handle workers’ compensation claims swiftly, economically and with our client’s best interests in mind. With lawyers in more than 20 jurisdictions, we have years of experience assisting employers in all aspects of workers’ compensation, providing counseling and vigorously defending them in litigation.
Because of our geographic reach, we not only know the nuances and complexities of individual state laws, we can also provide comprehensive and efficient representation in multiple jurisdictions.
We represent clients of all sizes, from small companies to international corporations, spanning numerous industries. Our clients include insured and self-insured companies and insurance carriers. A hallmark of our practice is working with management to resolve claims while making sure that overall business goals are being met – whether it means winning a case, settling it or reaching some other resolution.
We routinely advise employers in workers’ compensation settlements, a process that involves complying with state workers’ compensation requirements, Medicare reporting and set-aside regulations. We also guide employers through the process of obtaining enforceable releases and waivers of non-workers’ compensation claims.
Litigation and Counseling Experience
If necessary, we will tenaciously defend our clients in litigation with the confidence that comes from handling hundreds of workers’ compensation cases each year. We collaborate with employers and insurance carriers to develop strategies that achieve the best possible resolution for the company so that files are closed as quickly as possible, minimizing liability as well as costs.
From our years of experience, we know how to be creative in handling difficult cases, always keeping in mind the impact on our clients’ overall operations.
Other services we provide include the following:
- Addressing the intersection between workers’ compensation and numerous other employment laws, such as ADA, FMLA, OSHA, and FLSA. As a result, we can provide a more complete representation addressing all other aspects of the employment relationship;
- Advising employers on the return-to-work requirements for employees on workers’ compensation leave;
- Advising employers on implementing alternative programs in Texas and other states where an employer may opt out of participating in the state workers’ compensation system;
- Assisting employers seeking to manage multi-state workers’ compensation programs in developing strategies and practices consistent with an employer’s policies and labor contracts that comply with state workers’ compensation laws and state, federal and local employment laws;
- Defending employers in litigation involving claims of workers’ compensation retaliation; and
- Handling injury claims arising under federal laws, including the Jones Act and the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.
We not only provide our clients with the knowledge and experience necessary for the effective management of workers’ compensation matters, but we also offer the added value of extensive national resources that enable us to focus on all aspects of state, federal and local employment laws.