Information contained in this publication is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or opinion, nor is it a substitute for the professional judgment of an attorney.
The development of the COVID-19 vaccines has brought hope of returning to some semblance of a pre-COVID workplace. As governments around the world acquire the vaccines and begin implementing their vaccination efforts, employers are left to ascertain their response, considering their duties to protect workers’ health and safety and the need to resume normal operations. Littler’s global team is pleased to provide you with the “COVID-19 Vaccination” global guide, which analyzes the legal and practical implications of the COVID-19 vaccine in the workplace.
This April 2021 update of the guide now expands to 76 jurisdictions, addressing important topics (some new), including:
- Can an employer require employees or applicants to be vaccinated?
- Is there legal protection to be excused from being vaccinated (e.g., religious accommodation/disability accommodation)?
- Are employees entitled to compensation for the time spent getting vaccinated?
- What are the privacy implications?
- Can employers unilaterally mandate employee vaccinations in a collective representation setting?
- Can an employer ask an employee to disclose vaccination status?
- New laws, regulations, or guidance dealing with COVID-19 vaccinations
- Related topics within the context of employee benefits, teleworking, record keeping, etc.
This guide is for informational purposes only, and not intended to substitute for legal advice. Littler reserves the right to distribute this guide to current and prospective clients only. Because the COVID-19 situation is fluid, employers should consult with counsel for the latest developments and updated guidance on this topic.
Littler clients can access a vast collection of “COVID-19 return to work” resources through Littler Edge and subscribe to Littler Global Guide, an online platform Littler developed, which enables users to create country-to-country survey comparisons on a myriad of important L&E topics, including COVID-19. Additional resources are available on Littler’s COVID-19 Resources page.
Special thanks to Geida Sanlate, Knowledge Management Counsel, for managing and editing this guide. To request a copy of this guide, please contact Knowledge Management Counsel Geida Sanlate at firstname.lastname@example.org.