Information contained in this publication is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or opinion, nor is it a substitute for the professional judgment of an attorney.
Government officials across the world are easing up, or preparing to ease up, on the stringent business closures and stay at home orders that were implemented to slow the spread of COVID-19. Numerous governments have enacted economic relief programs to help employers and employees deal with the immediate impact of the economic downturn. As businesses begin to reopen, employers are confronting new challenges, including how to run their business while maintaining a safe environment for their workers.
Our global team is pleased to provide you with this “COVID-19: The Next Normal” supplement to Littler’s International Guide to help you anticipate “what is next” so you can adapt your operations to the different measures (and different timetables) happening in key jurisdictions across the world.
Some of the topics included in this guide include:
- Governmental economic relief programs to support employers and workers
- Eligibility threshold for governmental relief programs
- New rules restricting dismissals or providing special dismissal protection
- New compliance obligations on employers, connected to COVID-19
- Government plans to ease restrictions on freedom of movement/business openings
- Guidelines on “social distancing,” wearing face masks/gloves, temperature screening
- Obligations (or lack thereof) on employers or employees to report suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection
This guide is for informational purposes only, and not intended to substitute for legal advice.