(March 15, 2017) – Littler, the world’s largest employment and labor law practice representing management, is pleased to announce the launch of its Construction Industry Toolkit. The web-based service helps construction industry employers comply with state and federal labor and employment laws. It is currently available to employers in New York and New Jersey, and more states will be added to the toolkit throughout the year.
“As labor and employment laws continue to evolve, employers in the construction industry must adapt to these changes in managing their workforces,” said Russell McEwan, co-office managing shareholder in Littler’s Newark, New Jersey, office. “Balancing multiple worksites and fluctuating labor needs means compliance can be a daunting task. With this toolkit, contractors can minimize their exposure to labor and employment law risks, while maintaining their focus on the successful delivery of projects that fuel growth and profitability.”
Littler’s Construction Industry Toolkit distills the vast experience of the firm’s attorneys who counsel employers on workforce issues unique to this industry into a suite of materials. The toolkit follows the lifecycle of employment and offers:
- Onboarding Resources, including checklists of appropriate interview questions; employment applications and offer letters; and background check and Fair Credit Reporting Act materials.
- Continuing Employment Resources, including employee handbook templates; performance management documents; light duty policies; employee loan and training repayment programs; worksite safety policy and disciplinary action documents; and a variety of model policies and forms.
- End of Employment Resources, including termination letters and separation agreements.
The toolkit also includes access to a full library of multi-state Littler GPS® surveys to track employment laws; a federal and state checklist of government-required employment notices and posters; state employment law guides; and state wage and hour guides.
A premium subscription is also available, and includes:
- Development of a customized employee handbook.
- Consultation with Littler attorneys with deep experience in construction industry labor and employment law.
- Access to Littler attorneys to discuss workplace issues as they arise, such as labor disputes and picketing, Occupational Safety and Health Administration inspections and prevailing wage requirements.
Littler’s Construction Industry Toolkit is part of the firm’s ongoing commitment to providing practical, innovative toolkits and solutions to companies of all sizes in various industries. Littler’s commitment to innovation has drawn accolades from major organizations that recognize innovation in the delivery of legal services, including the Financial Times, National Law Journal, International Legal Technology Association, College of Law Practice Management and Fastcase.
Littler is the largest global employment and labor law practice, with more than 1,200 attorneys in over 75 offices worldwide. Littler represents management in all aspects of employment and labor law and serves as a single-source solution provider to the global employer community. Consistently recognized in the industry as a leading and innovative law practice, Littler has been litigating, mediating and negotiating some of the most influential employment law cases and labor contracts on record for 75 years. Littler Global is the collective trade name for an international legal practice, the practicing member entities of which are separate and distinct professional firms.