Spencer Soucy works exclusively with Littler's Privacy Practice Group and with CCPA/CPRA attorneys. She represents and counsels employers on all aspects of workplace privacy and information security in both the U.S. and internationally, including:
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), New York SHIELD Act, Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act, and other state data protection laws
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other global data protection laws
- Responding to security breaches in compliance with federal and state data breach notification requirements
- Biometric data privacy issues
- Social media and other new technologies
- “Bring-your-own-device” programs, wearable devices, and other technologies in the workplace
- Background checks and use of criminal history, including under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and state “ban-the-box” laws
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other health laws
- The Federal Wiretap Act
- Employee surveillance and monitoring, including under the Federal Electronic Communications Privacy Act, and Stored Communications Act
- The Telephone Consumer Protection Act
Spencer is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), and worked as a cybersecurity and data privacy associate assisting with incident response prior to joining Littler's New York office.
She previously worked as a pre-bar associate in Littler’s San Francisco office before moving to New York City.