Sarah N. O’Keefe represents employers in all aspects of litigation, state and federal court, and before federal and state agencies, in all aspects of litigation. She has extensive litigation experience, including defending discrimination and harassment claims under the Arizona Civil Rights Act, Arizona Employment Protection Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
Sarah defends employers in actions involving wrongful termination, breach of contract, defamation, and allegations of negligent hiring, supervision, and retention. She also counsels and trains employers in best practices, compliance, and personnel matters.
Sarah has completed several trials, in addition to having experience in:
- Representing employers in state and federal trial and appellate courts on a variety of employment matters, including wrongful terminations, discrimination and harassment, breach of contracts, employment-related torts, and wage and hour disputes
- Defending employers before administrative agencies, including the ACRD, EEOC, and NLRB
- Conducting investigations to assess risks and minimize liability
- Drafting comprehensive handbooks, employment contracts, policies and procedures, and severance agreements
- Counseling management regarding human resources issues, including employee handbooks, policies and procedures, training, disciplinary matters, leaves, and terminations
- Strategizing layoffs, restructuring, and acquisitions
- Drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants, including non-compete, non-solicit, confidentiality agreements, and severance agreements
- Advising employers on grievances
- Conducting I-9 audits
Before joining Littler, Sarah clerked for the Hon. Patricia K. Norris at the Arizona Court of Appeals and worked in private practice.