Paige Cantrell is a litigator, with significant class action experience litigating cases involving independent contractor misclassification as well as employee issues such as off-the-clock work and improper regular rate calculation. Paige also provides advice regarding the Fair Labor Standards Act compliance and assists her clients with rolling out company-wide compensation changes, conducting internal audits, reviewing, drafting, and rolling-out arbitration and class action waivers, and leading settlement negotiations. Additionally, Paige’s practice includes both litigation and advice and counsel regarding discrimination and retaliation claims brought under the ADA, FMLA, and Title VII. Her advice work is scalable from small businesses to large, multinational companies with cross-border compliance issues.
Paige has experience representing and advising clients on issues related to:
- Wage and hour collective actions and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives and trainings
- Discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability
- Retaliation and interference with rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Drafting employee policies and agreements, including arbitration and separation agreements
Both during her career and in law school, Paige acquired in-house experience in the energy industry, including in Mexico City, Mexico. During law school, she interned with the Hon. Eva Guzman in the Supreme Court of Texas.