Since 1990, Margaret H. Gillespie has represented employers in all types of employment litigation through trial and appeals. She has extensive experience in defending employers in wage and hour class actions, collective actions brought under the California Business and Professions Code Section 17200, the Private Attorney General Act (PAGA), and single and multi-plaintiff lawsuits involving claims for:
- Wrongful termination
- Failure to reasonably accommodate disabilities
- Violations of leave statutes
- Unfair competition
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act claims for benefits
In addition to her litigation practice, Margaret counsels employers on all aspects of employment relations and compliance. She assists employers with:
- Workplace investigations
- Employment-related compliance audits
- Workplace policies, handbooks, and guidelines
She also regularly conducts training for employers on topics such as harassment prevention and response, workplace privacy issues, and wage and hour best practices.
In law school, Margaret was a member of the Federal Communications Law Journal and the Moot Court Honors Society.