Kayla K. Cox advises and represents employers in a broad range of employment and labor matters. Her practice includes handling claims involving:
- Unfair competition
- Disability accommodation and leave issues
- Wage and hour class action
- Business sales and restructuring
- Collective bargaining agreements
Kayla works with an array of clients, multinational corporations to small businesses, in a variety of industries including banking/finance, manufacturing, logistics, real estate, retail, technology, personal services, and hospitality. She has successfully defended employers against claims in state and federal court, and is experienced in all phases of civil litigation, including pleadings, law and motion, complex discovery issues, arbitration, mediation, administrative hearings/trials, and jury and bench trials.
Kayla has particular experience in helping employers navigate the current COVID-19 pandemic and the challenges it presents such as:
- Reduction-in-force planning
- Adverse impact analysis
- Release of claims drafting and enforceability
- Older Workers Benefit Protection Act Compliance
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) compliance
- Workplace safety and health
During law school, Kayla was on the University of the Pacific Law Review board of editors, was symposium chair for the California Water Law Symposium, and on the executive board of the Public Legal Services Society. As an undergraduate, Kayla was a member of the University of California, Los Angeles NCAA Division I Women’s Rowing Team.