Katherine Marie Kimsey practices exclusively in the area of labor and employment law, defending both large corporations and small businesses in lawsuits, agency claims, and arbitrations that involve:
- Union disputes and employee grievances
- Employee wage and hour claims
- Disability and leave discrimination
- Wrongful termination
Katie also routinely counsels employers on:
- Worker classification
- The proper handling of termination and discipline decisions
- Workplace accommodation issues
- Litigation avoidance
- Collective bargaining
Katie’s practice is solution oriented. She enjoys working with clients to learn about all aspects of an issue so that she can help her clients manage and understand risk while achieving practical solutions efficiently.
Before becoming a lawyer, Katie served in the U.S. Navy for five years as a surface warfare officer where she led and managed sailors.