Jennifer Mora’s labor and employment practice is unique in that she not only has broad subject matter experience, but she has developed a special expertise in background check laws. She regularly advises and defends employers and consumer reporting agencies on the intersection of federal and state background check laws, including:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act
- State law equivalents
In addition, Jennifer has extensive experience in:
- Advising clients on workplace safety issues and defending clients against inspections and citations arising under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and the Mine Safety and Health Act (MSHA).
- Advising clients on federal and state drug-free workplace and drug-testing issues, including compliance with Department of Transportation-mandated programs
- Counseling clients on workplace privacy and information security issues, including advising clients on notification obligations in response to security breaches
- Representing and counseling employers in all aspects of traditional labor law
- Defending employers in state and federal courts with a focus on litigating disability and failure to accommodate claims
Jennifer writes extensively on background screening issues and has given numerous presentations on the topic. Prior to joining Littler, she focused her practice exclusively on representing and defending employers on a wide range of labor and employment matters and has been doing so her entire career.