Eric C. Bellafronto represents a wide range of employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including litigation, arbitration and mediation. He regularly appears in California trial courts handling disputes involving:
- Wage and hour matters
- Workplace safety
- Contract claims
He also has extensive knowledge of claims arising under:
- Title VII
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Fair Employment and Housing Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The California Family Rights Act
- The California Occupational Safety and Health Act
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act
- The California Labor Code
Additionally, Eric has experience in federal and state administrative actions before:
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- The Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- The California Occupational Safety and Health Appeals Board
- The California Labor Commissioner
- The California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board
Eric also provides counseling on a variety of issues arising under state and federal labor and employment laws, such as:
- Wage and hour compliance
- Discipline and termination
- Leaves of absence
- Sexual harassment
He assists employers with the implementation of effective personnel policies and works closely with human resource professionals and corporate counsel to ensure clients comply with applicable state and federal labor laws regarding discrimination, wrongful termination, and other statutory and contractual obligations.
A skilled instructor, Eric has taught classes on the Americans with Disabilities Act, privacy, and compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act for the Law and Human Resources Management course at the University of California, Santa Cruz extension. He also leads numerous sexual harassment and manager skills training sessions for clients and moderated Littler Mendelson's internal NITI trial training seminar. He is a frequent editor of Littler’s trade secrets-related publications.
Eric works with clients in a wide range of industries, including:
- High tech
- Medical services and suppliers
He also works with charitable foundations, automobile dealerships, insurance brokers, and venture capital firms.
Previously, Eric served as in-house senior corporate counsel for a web-hosting company where he counseled management, human resources, and internal clients on all facets of national and international employment law, including:
- Commission plans
- Employment policies
- Compliance with labor and employment laws
- Proper hiring and terminations
Additionally, he managed outside counsel and all litigation of employment, real estate, trademark, and collections matters. He also worked as an attorney for the Santa Clara County Superior Court specializing in law and motion and discovery matters.
Eric organizes the annual holiday charitable event for Littler Mendelson's San Jose office.