Dena Shuayto Nehme provides litigation defense for employers with labor and employment issues, including claims of discrimination, retaliation, harassment and wrongful termination. She also provides defense for employers before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Michigan Department of Civil Rights.
Dena's experience includes working on cases involving:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Fair Standards Act
- The Michigan Elliot-Larsen Civil Rights Act
- The Michigan Persons with Disabilities Civil Rights Act
- The Michigan Bullard-Plawecki Right to Know Act
During law school, Dena was associate editor of the Ohio State Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal.