Dan Pipe’s experience of delivering tax advice and transactional support began when he moved to work in London in 2000. He spent the first decade and a half of his legal career in one of London’s leading tax practices. Here he gained broad understanding of general tax issues, with a particular focus on employee and partnership/LLP tax issues including:
- Constructing tax efficient reward packages for senior executives and internationally mobile employees
- Taxation of share schemes, carried interest, growth shares and other cash and equity based incentive structures
- Complex issues relating to termination payments
- Technical payroll issues
- Resolving HMRC employment status enquiries
- Obligations of new employers setting up in the UK
- IR35 and the “intermediaries” rules that apply to contractors.
His clients have ranged from individual executives to global corporate groups, across many sectors including financial services, technology and manufacturing. His approach is collaborative, both in seeking to understand his clients and their businesses better and in developing good working relationships with other advisers. As well as strategic advice and working with clients on the implementation of transactions, Dan has experience of delivering good outcomes on HMRC disclosures and inquiries.