Chad Anderton advises and represents employers in a broad range of employment law matters, focusing primarily on employment discrimination litigation, including class action defense. He has experience with claims brought under:
- Title VII
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- The California Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- The California Fair Employment and Housing Act
Chad also litigates wage and hour class and collective actions under federal laws, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act and state laws, including the California Labor Code. Among his notable successes, he recently achieved the decertification of a Fair Labor Standards Act collective action.
Working predominantly with retail and restaurant chain clients, Chad also handles other employment-related issues and provides counseling on:
- Wrongful termination
- Restrictive covenants
- Personnel policies and procedures
- Hiring and terminations
- Wage and hour matters
Previously, he practiced at different firms in Ohio, California and Illinois, primarily engaged in commercial and employment litigation and public entity defense.