Anna S. Park advises clients on workplace privacy, data security issues and COVID-19 protocols. She has helped clients in various industries, including social media, financial, real estate, technology, food, hospitality, and health, to come into compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act and the New York SHIELD Act. She has drafted policies and provided advice on implementation of privacy and security policies that balance legal compliance and operational efficiency. Based on her years of experience counseling clients, Anna understands the needs of the employer as a business. She provides guidance that focuses on attaining both the client’s business goals and meeting legal requirements. In addition, Anna’s background as a commercial litigator provides valuable insight on litigation risk assessment and strategies for mitigation.
Anna is a member of Littler’s COVID-19 Task Force. In addition, she is a member of the COVID-19 Task Force sub-groups: Cal-OSHA COVID-19 Emergency Regulation; Return to Work; and COVID-19 Testing. Anna has advised clients on numerous COVID-19 related issues including employee privacy, confidentiality, and safety since the start of the pandemic in the United States.
Anna counsels clients on:
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- California Privacy Rights Act (Prop 24)
- Social media issues and social media policies
- Bring Your Own Devices issues
- Workplace surveillance and monitoring
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Confidentiality of Medical Information Act
- The European General Data Protection Regulation
- New York Cybersecurity Regulation
- New York SHIELD Act
- Workplace privacy, medical confidentiality, and safety in connection with COVID-19
Anna has been certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals as a Certified Information Privacy Professional for Europe (CIPP/E), which demonstrates her understanding of U.S. and global concepts of privacy and data protection law and practice.