Barbi McClennen Lorenz advises and represents employers in a wide range of labor and employment matters.
Barbi focuses her practice on matters involving employer interactions with administrative agencies such as OSHA, DOL, and the Texas Workforce Commission. She has experience litigating OSHA violations, discrimination claims, and regularly advises on matters involving independent contractors. She has experience in state and federal courts throughout Texas and has specific experience with matters involving:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (Title VII)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (TCHRA)
During law school, Barbi served as an articles editor for the Oklahoma Law Review. She also served as the magister for Phi Delta Phi at the Holmes Inn. She was a Comfort Scholar, Second Century Scholar, May M. Walker Law Scholar, and graduated in the top 5% of her class.