A tenacious problem solver, Eric Vinson has successfully represented both public and private employers across a wide spectrum of employment discrimination and retaliation claims in state and federal courts. These have included claims based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, whistleblower status, the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, constitutionally protected activities (including free speech), tenure determinations, and the Texas Sabine Pilot doctrine. Eric has also had significant experience with noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements.
Highlights of Eric’s experience include:
- Five arguments before the Federal Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Two arguments before the Texas Courts of Appeals
- Ten jury trials, three bench trials, and two arbitrations
- Extensive experience with expert witnesses, including exclusion under Daubert and Havner/Robinson
- Former Executive Director, State Commission on Judicial Conduct
- Presenter at thirty judicial conferences regarding judicial ethics