Marie Duarte maintains a national and local practice representing employers of all sizes in all aspects of public and private traditional labor law, including:
- Labor arbitrations, grievances, and contract administration
- Union elections and organizing drives under the National Labor Relations Act
- Collective bargaining negotiations
- Interest arbitration proceedings and mediation
- Strike management and preparation
- Unfair labor practice charges and hearings before the National Labor Relations Board
- NYS Civil Service Laws and Section 75 Hearings
- WA public sector collective bargaining
- Union vulnerability assessments and employee relations training for managers and supervisors
- Responding to union requests for information
- Reductions in force, plant closings, reorganizations and relocations
- Development of work rules and policies
Marie also represents employers in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the New York State Division of Human Rights, and the New York State Department of Labor for claims involving wage and hour disputes, discrimination, and harassment. Marie also counsels employers on day to day employment issues, including employment agreements, employee separations, disciplinary actions, workplace policies, and handbooks.
Prior to joining Littler, Marie was in-house counsel for a large union, which gives her unique insight into the many legal, practical, and strategic interests at play in union-related matters.