(September 6, 2018) – Littler, the world’s largest employment and labor law practice representing management, has been named among the 52 top firms for legal innovation by BTI Consulting. In the inaugural report, BTI Legal Innovation and Technology Outlook 2019, law firms were ranked for their innovation and technology prowess – based solely on client input. In addition to being ranked as a BTI Innovation Champion, Littler was also listed among the top BTI Client Experience Innovators based on excellent client experience.
“We are proud to be recognized as a BTI Innovation Champion,” said Tom Bender and Jeremy Roth, co-managing directors of Littler, in a joint statement. “Innovation has been ingrained in Littler’s DNA since it was founded more than 75 years ago. We are committed to investing in technology solutions that address the unique labor and employment challenges our clients face, as well as developing tools that provide greater value.”
BTI’s exclusive research with 359 general counsel and legal decision makers at the world’s leading organizations uncovered 27 unique needs and priorities clients have specific to innovation and technology. These needs fell into five distinct groups:
- Access to information
- Tools to streamline and eliminate work processes
- Getting more data without having to ask
- Risk mitigation
- Security and comfort in using technology
Additionally, the firms that made the list embody the following characteristics:
- Disrupting the legal industry by doing things other law firms don’t
- Innovating their approach to delivering legal services
- Making strategic changes in client service to deliver a world-class client experience
- Embracing technology and using technology in new and different ways to better help meet clients’ needs
According to the BTI report, “General Counsel and legal decision makers are beginning to see a shift in how law firms are delivering legal services. In four years, law firm innovation has strengthened by more than 10 percent. … As the strength of innovation continues to rise, it will become more difficult for firms not currently embracing these new strategies to catch up.”
Littler has been at the forefront of legal innovation. The firm has developed and expanded several Service Solutions – innovative products and services that address a wide range of employment and labor issues – which have changed the way lawyers and clients work together, including:
- Littler CaseSmart® is the firm’s award-winning and groundbreaking approach to managing administrative agency charges, single plaintiff litigation, and wage and hour class and collective action matters. The value-based, innovative platform redesigns the way employment matters are handled through a combination of technology, alternative staffing and legal project management.
- ComplianceHR® is a Littler and Neota Logic joint venture that provides web-based employment compliance solutions. ComplianceHR’s applications empower HR and legal professionals to make quick and reliable compliance decisions in hiring and managing their workforce, as well generating key employment documents and creating a record that preserves how decisions are made.
- The Littler Pay Equity Assessment™ combines the firm’s deep experience in employment law and compensation with proprietary technology, resulting in an analysis that assesses litigation risk and points toward solutions. It is part of Littler’s Big Data Initiative, which helps clients leverage data analytics to better manage their workforces and enhance employment litigation strategies.
In addition to the latest BTI recognition, Littler has been honored by other major organizations that acknowledge innovation in the delivery of legal services, including the Association of Corporate Counsel, Financial Times, The National Law Journal, International Legal Technology Association and Fastcase 50.
Littler is the largest global employment and labor law practice, with more than 1,500 attorneys in 80 offices worldwide. Littler represents management in all aspects of employment and labor law and serves as a single-source solution provider to the global employer community. Consistently recognized in the industry as a leading and innovative law practice, Littler has been litigating, mediating and negotiating some of the most influential employment law cases and labor contracts on record for over 75 years. Littler Global is the collective trade name for an international legal practice, the practicing member entities of which are separate and distinct professional firms.