Lead by Example
Established in 2003, the Diversity & Inclusion Council is responsible for creating, implementing and reviewing firmwide diversity and inclusion strategies. The council comprises more than 20 lawyers and professional staff, who not only represent the diversity of employees at Littler, but who also ensure that everyone has a voice in the process.
- Enhance Littler’s recruiting efforts to increase the hiring of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Promote council initiatives firmwide, resulting in employee awareness, participation and support.
- Provide opportunities for our diverse lawyers and professional staff in:
- Assisting with the retention of talent
- Creating mentoring opportunities
- Developing business opportunities
- Gaining awareness and fresh perspectives
- Fostering personal and professional growth
- Create a pipeline in which lawyers from diverse backgrounds are promoted within the firm’s management and leadership tracks.
- Assist our clients in meeting their diversity and inclusion business objectives through training and development programs, meetings, conferences, and personal discussions.
Our commitment to embracing diversity and being inclusive is an ongoing priority. Knowing that progress demands resources, we allow non-billable time for relevant events and provide financial support for our lawyers and staff to be able to participate in these initiatives.
Members of the Diversity & Inclusion Council are involved with:
- Annual shareholders meetings
- Office managing shareholders gatherings
- Board of directors updates
- Affinity group gatherings
- Minority recruiting job fairs
- Minority and women counsel and association conferences
- Local and national community based nonprofit organizations
Littler lawyers are involved with many legal and professional organizations across the country. Among our past and present leadership roles are these:
- Asian Business Association of San Diego
- Atlanta Legal Diversity Consortium
- Black Women Lawyers Association
- California Minority Counsel Program
- Corporate Counsel Women of Color
- Dallas Diversity Task Force
- Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Korean American Bar Association of Northern California
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (Board of Governors)
- National Bar Association (Diversity Report Card Task Force)
- National Employment Law Council (founding member / Board of Directors)
- National LGBT Bar Association
- Paul C. Perkins Bar Association
- Union of Pan Asian Communities