One of the most important responsibilities for employers is providing a safe and healthy workplace for their employees. That obligation has become more challenging due to an increasing number of compliance regulations, policies and interpretations under the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Mine Safety and Health Act (MSHA), and state and local agencies. Our lawyers help employers comply with these requirements, while protecting them from potentially hefty penalties. Employers also rely on us for guidance in situations involving workplace violence, infectious diseases, substance abuse and testing.
Companies in a wide variety of industries throughout the nation count on our Workplace Safety and Health lawyers to:
- Provide guidance on federal-OSHA/MSHA and corresponding state regulations, advising employers on how the regulations apply to their workplaces and operations
- Assist clients during OSHA/MSHA inspections, providing advice and representation
- Be on-the-ground advisors following catastrophic workplace incidents, including accidents and fatalities
- Represent employers in OSHA/MSHA litigation
- Conduct compliance assessments and audits for workplace safety and health issues
- Prepare or review written safety programs, standard operating procedures, workplace safety rules, and employee handbooks for compliance with local, state, and federal statutes
- Advise employers on substance abuse and testing, including development of legally compliant testing programs
- Advise employers on responding to contagious and infectious diseases
- Develop preventative workplace violence programs that meet OSHA/MSHA standards
We pride ourselves on our hands-on experience with, and insight into, the complex network of workplace safety regulations. In assisting employers with workplace safety issues, we keep them apprised of any regulatory or administrative changes and potential legal quagmires We maintain referral resources of certified industrial hygienists, safety professionals and other professional consultants to assist an employer’s safety and health needs. We also have extensive training and education programs to provide companies with the tools to maintain a safe workplace that complies with applicable regulations and avoid liability.