Victoria Phipps represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law. She has significant trial experience that includes more than 25 jury trials in federal and state court, and she has arbitrated more than 100 matters related to:
- Violations of statutes focusing on Family and Medical Leave Act leaves of absence
- Title VII
- 42 U.S.C. Section 1981 and 1983
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- The Freedom of Information Act
- The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- The Public Information Act
- State and federally mandated substance abuse testing
She also represents public employers on issues related to breach of contract, wrongful termination, First Amendment protections and workplace misconduct investigations.
Additionally, Vicki offers her clients compliance counseling and advises them on issues such as planning for restructuring and reductions-in-force, leaves of absence, and policies and procedures.
Most frequently, Vicki represents management in the following industries:
- Oil and gas
- Health care
- Food and beverage
- Public and quasi-public employers
Vicki is board certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She presents seminars on a wide variety of employment issues. Prior to joining Littler Mendelson, she served as the in house labor counsel for a Fortune 100 oil and gas company for more than 10 years.
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, 2012 and 2013