Vicki L. Gillette has significant first-chair employment litigation experience, including representing employers in discrimination lawsuits arising under:
- Title VII
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
She appears in federal and state courts, appellate courts, and in arbitration.
Among her successes, Vicki has obtained numerous summary judgments in both federal and Texas state courts, in cases involving sexual harassment; disability, race, age and pregnancy discrimination; FMLA retaliation; and public policy and statutory wrongful discharge claims. Several of these cases were appealed and Vicki prevailed on appeal in the Eighth and Sixth Circuit Courts of Appeals and in the Texas Court of Appeals. Vicki recently obtained a defense verdict in an arbitration of a two-plaintiff race discrimination case, as well as a jury verdict for the defense in a disability discrimination case in federal court in California.
Vicki also provides advice and support on a wide variety of employment-related issues, including:
- Offering day-to-day advice to management and human resources professionals
- Preparing and negotiating employment contracts and releases
- Leading internal investigations of discrimination, sexual harassment and corporate whistle-blower claims
- Conducting management equal employment opportunity training
Vicki also serves as the hiring shareholder in Littler Mendelson's Dallas office.
Prior to joining Littler Mendelson in 2004, Vicki served as senior counsel of labor and employment at an information technology management company for 10 years. She also worked for two Dallas law firms, where she represented and counseled employers in a variety of labor and employment matters. In law school, she was executive editor of the Wake Forest Law Review.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Named, Rising Star - Texas, 2004