Todd K. Boyer represents and counsels management clients in connection with all types of employment matters arising under federal and state law, including claims of discrimination, harassment retaliation, and failure to accommodate based on:
- Title VII
- The Fair Employment and Housing Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights
- The California Family Rights Act
He regularly appears on behalf of employers in state and federal courts and before the California Labor Commissioner and California Employment Development Department.
Additionally, Todd assists his clients, which include retailers, high technology start-ups and computer companies, with:
- Arbitration and mediation
- Compliance counseling
- Harassment investigations
- Leave policies
- Class actions
- Wage and hour matters
Todd currently holds the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and serves as the Staff Judge Advocate for the largest reserve wing in the United States Air Force Reserve. In this capacity, he serves as the wing’s top lawyer, serving the unit’s commander and over 3500 reservists. He previously worked for the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General's Corps as a criminal defense attorney trying felony criminal cases before military juries and judges, and as a Staff Judge Advocate for Top Gun where he was the head lawyer for the command.
Previously, Todd was a judicial extern to the Honorable Ronald M. Whyte, United States District Court, Northern District of California. In law school, he was a member of the Honors Moot Court program.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section - State Bar of California
- Member, Civil Practice Committee - Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Member, Federal Courts Committee - Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Named, Rising Star - Northern California, Super Lawyers