Susan C. Sears has a local, regional and national employment defense law practice that is exclusively focused on legal issues in connection with the employee-employer relationship. For the past 16 years, she has counseled management on a wide spectrum of day-to-day personnel issues, including:
- Discipline and discharge matters
- Medical leave issues
- Wage/hour issues
- Disability accommodations
She also has a strong record of litigation success, defending employers in state and federal court and on the administrative level against claims of alleged discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination, as well as alleged violations of the numerous state and federal statutes governing employers.
Additionally, Susan provides valuable legal assistance to employers regarding:
- Harassment and other employee investigations
- The development of personnel policies and procedures
- Miscellaneous human resources matters of all types
Susan is known as an effective teacher and presenter and regularly conducts in-house supervisor and employee training sessions for clients on all of the above topics. She participates as a regular speaker for numerous professional trade organizations and as a guest lecturer at the University of Kentucky's College of Law on various employment law issues. From 1998 to 2010, Susan served as an administrative hearing officer for the Lexington Fayette Urban County Government Human Rights Commission.
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, 2009-2013
- Named, Labor and Employment Super Lawyer - Kentucky, 2007-present