Sandra C. Ketner advises and represents management in a broad range of employment law matters, including wrongful termination, harassment and discrimination litigation, as well as claims related to other statutory and common laws that pertain to the employment relationship, such as:
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- Title VII
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Nevada restrictive covenant laws
- Nevada anti-discrimination and wrongful employment law
She appears regularly in Nevada state and federal courts and before administrative agencies, such as the Nevada Equal Rights Commission and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Sandra also provides preventive advice and counseling pertaining to:
- Employee discipline
- The implementation of employment policies
- Performance issues
- Internal investigations
Sandra presents seminars on employment-related topics to human resources groups and conducts training for clients on various subjects, such as avoiding discrimination and harassment in the workplace, proper hiring procedures, discipline and termination procedures, and compliance with federal and state statutory requirements.
Sandra previously worked for a firm for three years practicing insurance defense. She also clerked for the Honorable Joseph F. McCloskey of the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania, with particular emphasis on workers' compensation appeals.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section - Nevada Bar Association
- Member, Washoe County Bar Association
- Member, Northern Nevada Human Resources Association
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, 2013