Robert W. Conti represents both private and public sector employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including the litigation of bench and jury trials in both federal and California state courts and before various administrative agencies, such as the National Labor Relations Board, the California Division of Labor Standards and Enforcement and the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration. He has specific knowledge of claims arising under:
- Title VII
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Fair Employment and Housing Act
- The California Workers' Compensation Act
- The California and federal family leave Acts
In his traditional labor law practice, Robert assists clients with collective bargaining negotiations, representation campaigns and hearings, and alternative dispute resolution. He also has handled airline pilot arbitrations.
On a daily basis, he also provides advice to clients on wage and hour issues, reasonable accommodation concerns, and the documentation, discipline, and discharge of employees.
His interest in labor and employment law began when he was working at a television station in Los Angeles, where he organized a unit in the newsroom and bargained for both the local contract and the union national contract.
A regular lecturer for various educational groups, Robert also provides training in sexual harassment prevention and other topics to a variety of employers, which includes:
- Private and public colleges and universities
- Local and national private employers
- School districts
During law school, Robert clerked for the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and for a union-side law firm. After graduating, he started working for a national management-side labor and employment firm and then worked in the labor and employment departments of a national entertainment law firm.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Board of Directors - Orange County Lavender Bar Association
- Nominee, two local EMMY awards
- Recipient, Best Feature Reporting - Los Angeles Press Club
- Named, Super Lawyer, 2008-2010