Richard L. Hartz has more than 25 years of experience with employment and labor law issues that includes:
- Employment law
- Discrimination and workplace harassment
- Business restructuring
- Affirmative action
- Employment at will
- Union organizing and election campaigns
- Collective bargaining
- Labor and employment law compliance training
- Arbitration and mediation
- Occupational Safety and Health Act matters
- Whistleblowing and retaliation
Richard has litigated in federal and state courts, as well as before administrative agencies and in arbitration forums. He has represented employers before the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state Fair Employment Practice agencies.
Additionally, Richard has devoted considerable time to counseling large and small companies in organizational and workforce restructuring, stressing preventive planning and litigation avoidance. He also has served as an advisor to jointly-trusteed Taft-Hartley employee benefit funds.
His specialized industry experience includes representation of enterprises with local, national, and international operations in the following industries:
- Consumer products
Richard is one of the original shareholders at Littler's New York City office and its former office-managing shareholder.
Previously, Richard was a partner at two general practice law firms in New York City, following service as senior counsel at a large regional retailer and an international energy company.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, Employee Rights and Responsibilities Committee, Labor and Employment Law Section - American Bar Association