Nancy L. Ober devotes the majority of her practice to employee benefits and related litigation, but also regularly advises clients on employment law matters, including leaves and wage and hour issues. In her employee benefits practice, she offers advice on the design and administration of qualified pension plans, 403(b) plans and other deferred compensation arrangements, including executive compensation arrangements and employee incentive and retention plans. She also advises clients on:
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act compliance
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act compliance
- Fiduciary responsibilities
- Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor correction programs
- Contingent work force issues
- Employee benefit issues in corporate reorganizations
Additionally, Nancy represents plan sponsors in IRS and DOL audits and in ERISA litigation, which encompasses actions for breach of fiduciary duty, wrongful denial of benefits and discrimination, as well as claims by multiemployer plans for pension withdrawal liability. She also has been retained as an expert witness in ERISA-related litigation.
Nancy has authored and co-authored articles on:
- New benefits legislation
- The contingent workforce
- Domestic partnerships
- Same-sex marriage
She also has been a speaker and panelist before employer and professional groups on current employee benefits, executive compensation and employment law issues.
Nancy is a member of the firm's Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation and ERISA practice groups.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Tax / Labor sections - American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section - State Bar of California