Michael G. Leggieri litigates on behalf of management in all areas of labor and employment law, with an emphasis on cases involving:
- Wage and hour
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
He handles both single-plaintiff litigation and class actions in state and federal court. Michael’s litigation successes include:
- A denial of class certification in a putative class action involving misclassification, meal period, rest period, and other wage and hour claims
- An award of summary judgment in a heavily litigated single-plaintiff disability discrimination and failure to accommodate lawsuit
- A complete defense verdict in a single-plaintiff arbitration concerning claims of race discrimination and harassment
- An early dismissal of a disability discrimination and failure to accommodate lawsuit
Additionally, Michael counsels both large and small clients on a variety of employment issues, including employee discipline issues and wage and hour and pay practice compliance.
Prior to joining Littler Mendelson in 2009, Michael served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Cathy Ann Bencivengo of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association
- Associate, American Inns of Court, Louis M. Welsh Chapter