An attorney in the Knowledge Management Department, Marcy McGovern creates and manages legal and electronic resources to assist in counseling employers in all areas of labor and employment law. Her practice includes matters arising under:
- Title VII
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- Other state and federal laws governing the employment relationship
Marcy's litigation experience has involved representing clients in administrative proceedings, class and collective actions, and single plaintiff cases. She utilizes this experience to assist the firm in developing internal and external resources that promote the efficient handling of employment-related litigation. Marcy also regularly works with practitioners in numerous firm practice areas including, discrimination/harassment, eDiscovery, leaves of absence and disability accommodation, workers’ compensation, and employee benefits.
During law school, Marcy served as a judicial extern to United States District Judge Yvette Kane in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. She also was the managing editor of the Penn State Law Review and a member of the appellate moot court board.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, General Alumni Association - Pennsylvania State, Dickinson School of Law
- Named, Rising Star - Pennsylvania, 2011 and 2012
- Woolsack Honor Society