Lisa "Lee" A. Schreter focuses on representing employers in complex class and collective actions involving overtime and other wage-related claims and specializes in helping employers to develop forward-thinking compliance measures that reduce wage and hour disputes and other employment-related issues. She also represents and counsels management clients in connection with all other types of labor and employment matters arising under federal and state laws such as:
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The Equal Pay Act
- The Service Contract Act
- State law wage and hour requirements
She regularly appears before federal and state courts, the Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division, and agencies charged with enforcing state law wage and hour requirements in various wage-related and equal employment disputes and appeals. Additionally, Lee is a frequent speaker before industry and trade associations, business organizations and human resource groups concerning employment-related disputes and wage and hour issues.
Lee's clients include those in the following industries:
Co-Chair of Littler Mendelson's Wage and Hour Practice Group, Lee also serves as chair of the Nominating Committee and is a member of the Diversity Council. She is a former member of the Board of Directors and former Co-Chair of the LGBT Affinity Group.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Lee worked in human resources, where she gained extensive experience in wage and hour issues, employee relations, salary and benefit administration and general employment matters.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Charter fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Litigation / Labor and Employment / Individual Rights sections - American Bar Association
- Member, Committee on Fair Labor Standards - American Bar Association
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, 2008-2013
- Named, America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Chambers USA, 2012
- Named, Top Lawyers in America - Corporate Counsel
- Named, Super Lawyer - Georgia