Linda O. Headley focuses her practice on employment litigation, client counseling and unfair competition issues. She represents employers in all labor and employment-related matters, including litigation in federal and state courts and administrative proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Wage and Hour Division of the Department of Labor, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and related Texas state agencies.
Linda also regularly counsels employers on issues involving federal and state employment and labor laws. She has represented employers in numerous types of disputes, including cases involving:
- Discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, national origin, religion, and disability
- Sexual harassment
- Workers' compensation discrimination
- Breach of employment contracts
- Unfair competition issues
Linda has extensive experience in representing clients in mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. Additionally, Linda has represented employers in collective bargaining and before the National Labor Relations Board in cases involving salting, alleged discrimination because of union activity and refusal to bargain.
She is board certified in labor and employment law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Linda frequently speaks on numerous labor and employment law topics to various legal, human resource and business groups and has given hundreds of presentations on such topics.
Linda presently serves as co-chair to the firm’s Women Leadership Initiative and is on the firm’s Nominating Committee. She formerly served as the Office Managing Shareholder in the Houston office and on Littler’s Board of Directors.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Labor and Employment Section - State Bar of Texas
- Former chair and council member, Labor and Employment Section - State Bar of Texas
- Member, Committee for Employment Law - Fifth Circuit Pattern Jury Charge
- Member, Employee Rights and Responsibilities Committee, Labor and Employment Section - American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Section - Houston Bar Association
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, 2001-2013
- Named, America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Chambers USA, 2003-2012
- Named, Top 100 Super Lawyers - Houston, Law & Politics and Texas Monthly Survey, 2009-2011
- Named, Top 50 Female Super Lawyers - Texas, Law & Politics and Texas Monthly Survey, 2003-2005, 2008-2011
- Named, Super Lawyer, 2003-2011
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, inducted 2009
- Named, 16 "Go To" Labor and Employment Lawyers in Texas - Texas Lawyer, 2001