Linda M. Jackson is a first-chair trial attorney with significant experience representing clients before federal, state and appellate courts, as well as before administrative agencies and in arbitration settings. Linda has a particular litigation focus in the Eastern District of Virginia, also known as the "Rocket Docket," and the state trial courts in Northern Virginia, including Fairfax, Arlington and Loudoun Counties.
Linda is an aggressive litigator who reaches optimal business and legal solutions by understanding her clients’ business objectives, and pursuing pre-litigation and litigation strategies designed to efficiently meet their goals.
She keeps clients up-to-date as a case proceeds and advises them on their options at critical decision points. Linda’ practice includes:
- Employment discrimination and wrongful discharge
- Executive contracts and compensation
- Non-compete and non-solicitation negotiation and litigation
- Shareholder litigation
- Sabarnes-Oxley (SOX) whistleblower investigations and litigation
- Trade-secret disputes
- Civil business conspiracy, fiduciary duties, and other business competition issues
Linda has represented clients in industries such as government contracting, professional services, supermarket chains, airlines, law firms, technology, health care, child care services, telecommunications and commercial and residential development.
Linda previously served as a Major in the U.S. Air Force Judge Advocate General Reserve Corps. In 2009, she was named to the advisory board for the William and Mary Journal of Women and the Law.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Board of Directors, WBA Foundation - Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Faculty member, Professionalism for Law Students - Virginia State Bar
- Member, Judicial Screening Committee - Fairfax Bar Association
- Member and former president, Virginia Women Attorney's Association
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Former chair, Elections Committee - Fairfax Bar Association
- Former member, Board of Directors - Arlington County Temporary Shelter
- Former member, Board of Directors - Volunteer Fairfax
- Named, America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Chambers USA, 2012
- Awarded, Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rating, 2012
- Named, Super Lawyer - District of Columbia, 2007
- Named, One of the Region's Leading Employment Defense Attorneys - Washingtonian, 2007
- Named, Super Lawyer - Virginia, 2006