Linda Harrold represents the firm's clients in a broad range of employment and labor law matters, providing day-to-day advice, training, and litigation defense of discrimination, harassment and wrongful discharge litigation in federal and state courts. She also represents employers in administrative hearings before federal and state agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, the National Labor Relations Board, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission and the New York State Division of Human Rights. Her extensive scope of knowledge includes claims arising under:
- Title VII
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Ohio and New York anti-discrimination laws
Additionally, Linda handles traditional labor matters, from union organizing activities to collective bargaining and contract and labor arbitration. She also assists clients with employment law audits and wage and hour issues.
Working with a wide range of clients, including manufacturing and retail operations and nursing homes, Linda's counseling experience ranges from advising on employee relations and assisting with the development of employment practices and policies to compliance with federal and state employment statutes. Additionally, Linda provides training for managers and employees in areas such as:
- Discrimination and harassment prevention
- Supervisory responsibilities
Linda has extensive training and experience as a mediator and arbitrator. She also frequently speaks on employment discrimination and litigation topics.
Linda joined Littler Mendelson in 2004. She was formerly a founding partner of another law firm. Before attending law school, she was a high school social studies teacher.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Panel - U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Member, Council of the Village of Kirtland Hills, Ohio, 1994-present
- Volunteer mediator, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Order of the Coif