Kimberly Brown-Gibbs advises and represents management clients in various areas of federal and state employment law and traditional labor law. She concentrates her practice on employment litigation in defense of management arising under or implicating federal and state laws such as:
- Title VII
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Tennessee Human Rights Act
While attending law school, Kimberly served as a member of the Trial Advocacy Board, justice on the Honor Council, a teaching assistant, and president of the Black Law Student Association. Kimberly also served as a legal intern for Target Corporation and as a clinical intern for the Employment Law Section of the Attorney General’s Office of Virginia.
Upon completion of her law degree, Kimberly served as a judicial clerk for Henrico County Circuit Court in Richmond, Virginia.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Section - Memphis Bar Association
- Assistant coach, Mock Trial Team – St. George’s Independent School
- Member, Board of Directors - Ben F. Jones Chapter ofNational Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors - Memphis Recovery Centers, Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors, Young Graduate Association - University of Richmond School of Law, 2008-2011
- Recipient, Volunteer Award, Memphis Recovery Centers, Inc., 2010
- Recipient, Equal Access to Justice Scholarship, National Association of Women Judges, 2007
- Recipient, Award for Excellence in Labor and Employment Law - ABA/BNA
- Best Respondent Brief, NBLSA Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition - Mid-Atlantic Region, 2007