Joseph Wientge has represented clients in the area of labor and employment, education, and general civil litigation. He successfully resolved state, federal, and appellate matters, including discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination claims, and contractual disputes. He has guided clients through investigations by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Missouri Commission on Human Rights, the Department of Labor, and the Office of Civil Rights as well as advised clients on compliance with state and federal employment statutes and regulations.
Joseph has counseled clients on hiring, discipline, and termination procedures and has drafted employment policies and handbooks, separation agreements, and employment contracts. His representation of previous clients includes administrative hearings, involving employee terminations and other discipline. In addition, Joseph has conducted training and seminars on a wide variety of employment-related topics.
Prior to joining Littler Mendelson, Joseph was an associate with two other law firms in St. Louis, where his focus was labor and employment work. In law school, Joseph was a note and comment editor for the UMKC Law Review and placed second in the regional competition of the ABA Negotiation Team.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Missouri Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, National School Boards Association Counsel of School Attorneys
- Member, Missouri School Boards Association Counsel of School Attorneys
- Member, Illinois Association School Boards Counsel of School Attorneys
- Member, De Smet Jesuit High School Alumni Mentor Program Committee
- Member, Kyle Atkins Memorial Scholarship Committee