Jeff Place represents management in all aspects of labor and employment law, with a particular focus on matters involving organized labor and labor relations counseling. He has handled collective bargaining negotiations, counter-union campaigns, labor arbitrations, mediation and matters involving the National Labor Relations Act before the National Labor Relations Board.
Jeff works with clients throughout the United States, including:
- Gas and electric utilities
- Mass transit entities
- Heavy and commercial construction contractors
- Food processors and distributors
- Government service contractors
- State and local governments
Jeff also counsels clients on personnel management and defends employers against discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims by current and former employees; wage and hour claims; and claims arising under:
- Title VII
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- Section 13(c) of the Federal Transit Act
- The Labor Management Relations Act
- The Kansas Public Employer-Employee Relations Act
- The Missouri Public Employee Relations Act
- The Missouri Human Rights Act
- Kansas Acts Against Discrimination
He appears before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state corollaries, the Missouri State Board of Mediation, the Missouri Division of Labor Standards, and the Kansas Public Employee Relations Board, as well as in state and federal courts.
Additionally, Jeff is an adjunct professor at the University of Missouri, Kansas City, where he teaches labor relations.
Prior to joining Littler Mendelson, Jeff was a partner at another firm and also clerked for Chief Judge James B. Loken of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Committee on the Development of the Law Under the National Labor Relations Act, Labor and Employment Law Section - American Bar Association
- Member, AGC Labor and Employment Law Council
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Named, Super Lawyer - Kansas and Missouri