Jay W. Kiesewetter devotes his practice to representing clients in the traditional areas of labor relations and employment law. He counsels employers in all aspects of union-free management and advises non-union companies facing union organizing activity.
Jay represents employers in unfair labor practice and representational proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and the United States Courts of Appeal. In addition, Jay works with companies that have unions to improve union-management relations and represents management in contract negotiations, arbitrations, and labor disputes.
Jay has assisted numerous clients in developing preventive strategies to reduce their exposure to future legal and/or human relations problems.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Memphis Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Shelby County Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Section - American Bar Association
- Member, Development of the Law Under the NLRA Committee - American Bar Association
- Member, Practices and Procedures Before the NLRB Committee - American Bar Association
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, 2013
- Named, Super Lawyer - Mid-South
- Named, America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Chambers USA, 2012
- Named, 150 Best Lawyers in Tennessee - Business Tennessee