Janette Louard represents employers in all aspects of employment law. She has represented employers in various industries ranging from municipalities, radio stations, small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. She has litigated cases throughout the United States. In addition to her federal and state practice, Janette has also arbitrated cases focusing on such issues as retaliation and wrongful termination. She has litigated numerous cases, including cases involving the Family Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Retaliation. Janette also devotes a significant amount of time to client training and client counseling.
Prior to joining Littler Mendelson, Janette was a partner at another firm and also previously worked as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, litigating claims including employment discrimination. She also served as a law clerk to the Honorable John R. Hargrove, Senior United States District Judge for the District of Maryland.
In 2002, Janette's first novel, Mama's Girls, was published. Since then, she has had five additional novels published.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Ohio State Bar
- Member, New York State Bar
- Member, Board of Directors - YWCA
- Former Board Member, Urban League of Greater Cleveland and Christ Episcopal Church
- Member, Norman S. Minor Bar Association
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Appointed Member, Northern District of Ohio Advisory Group for the Federal Judiciary
- Recipient, YWCA of Greater Cleveland Woman of Achievement Award, 2002
- Named, Distinguished Professional - Kaleidoscope Magazine