Eugene C. Ryu provides advice and counseling to clients on a wide variety of matters in all areas of labor and employment law including:
- Disability and discrimination
- Family and medical leave
- Human resources decisions in all aspects of employment law
- Complex employment disputes and litigation
- Wage & hour litigation
- Workers' compensation
- Cal/OSHA and Federal OSHA reporting and litigation
- Independent contractor analysis and litigation
Eugene’s diverse clients include many emerging growth companies, start-ups, and entrepreneurs. He also represents a variety of U. S. subsidiaries of multi-national Korean parent companies.
He represents employers in state, federal and administrative courts and before the California Labor Commissioner, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board, the California OSHA Appeals Board, the Department of Labor and the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board. He also handles arbitrations and mediations.
Eugene is certified specialist in workers' compensation law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization and has lectured extensively on the interrelationship between workers' compensation laws and the Americans with Disability Act and parallel state laws governing treatment by employers of persons with disabilities.
Eugene is the co-chair of Littler's ‘Ohana Affinity Group and serves on the board of the firm's Diversity and Inclusion Council.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Adjunct Board of Advisors - US-Korea Law Foundation
- Member, Board of Directors - Korean American Bar Association of Northern California
- Member, Board of Governors - Korean American Bar Association of Southern California
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association