Eugene C. Ryu provides advice and counseling to clients on a wide variety of matters in all areas of labor and employment law including:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Fair Employment and Housing Act
- Disability and discrimination issues
- Family and medical leave issues
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- Workers' compensation
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration reporting and litigation
- Serious and willful misconduct claims
- California Labor Code 132a claims
- Cal/OSHA regulations
- Human resources decisions in all aspects of employment law
He represents employers in state, federal and administrative courts and before the California Labor Commissioner, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board, the California OSHA Appeals Board, the Department of Labor and the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board. He also handles arbitrations and mediations.
Eugene is certified specialist in workers' compensation law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization and has lectured extensively on the interrelationship between workers' compensation laws and the Americans with Disability Act and parallel state laws governing treatment by employers of persons with disabilities.
Eugene is a board member of Littler Mendelson's Diversity and Inclusion Council and also serves on the San Francisco Hiring Committee.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Board of Directors - Korean American Bar Association of Northern California
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association