Edward F. Berbarie represents and advises clients in a wide range of employment and traditional labor related matters, including cases involving:
- Claims of discrimination and harassment
- Wage and hour disputes
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration complaints
- Union grievances
- Charges of unfair labor practices
- Covenants not to compete
- Trade secrets
- Employment related torts
Edward also has significant experience in representing and advising clients in complex commercial disputes and has litigated and arbitrated matters in jurisdictions across the country.
Edward has first-chair trial experience and has successfully defended clients in trials and arbitrations. He recently obtained a complete defense decision in a trial involving whistleblower claims and also successfully defended management against grievances filed by unions in labor arbitrations. In addition to handling appeals before the Federal Circuit Courts, Edward participated in the briefing and preparation for oral argument as counsel for Petitioner in a case involving arbitration enforcement issues that was successful before the United States Supreme Court.
Edward is board certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. In law school, Edward was selected as a member of the National Order of Barristers and won a number of individual and team awards at national trial competitions.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Coach, Interscholastic Mock Trial Team - Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- Member, Labor and Employment Section - Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Member, American Bar Association