Dennis M. Brown is an experienced litigator with a special emphasis on complex litigation, including:
- Class and collective action avoidance and defense
- Wage and hour litigation and advice
- Sexual harassment
- Employment discrimination
- Wrongful termination
- Employment practices liability insurance matters
He represents clients in state and federal courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the California Labor Commissioner. He has experience with claims involving:
- Title VII
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The Fair Employment and Housing Act
- The California Labor Code
- California wage and hour laws
In addition to handling state and federal litigation and trial work, Dennis also handles arbitration and mediation. He serves a diverse group of clients, including:
- Large retail chains
- Banks and other financial institutions
- High-technology employers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Construction companies
- Insurance companies
- Professional sports franchises
Highly-knowledgeable about employment practices liability insurance issues, Dennis has authored several articles on the subject. He also has been interviewed or quoted on the subject by several leading publications and news sources.
Dennis also regularly counsels employers on day-to-day employment law issues, such as compliance with workplace statutes and regulations, personnel policies, and risk management protocols including mandatory arbitration.
The former office managing shareholder in Littler Mendelson's San Jose office, Dennis is co-creator of the firm's Risk Management Program. He is a member of the Board of Directors and chair of the Governance Committee and Benefits Committee. He also is the past chair and a current member of the EPLI Committee. A frequent speaker before business and professional associations, Dennis has also served as an expert commentator for the national media on issues of sex harassment.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, American Inns of Court
- Former president, William A. Ingram Inn of Court, 2010-2012
- Former member, Board of Directors, ELT, Inc.
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America©, 2010-2015
- Named, Super Lawyers, 2004-2012