Since 2001, Denise Barton Ward has practiced labor and employment law at Littler Mendelson, where she advises, represents, and trains management clients in various matters arising under federal and state laws. She specializes in traditional labor law matters such as:
- Union representation elections
- Decertification elections
- Unfair labor practice concerns
- Collective bargaining
- Strike preparation
- Labor arbitrations
- Corporate campaigns brought by unions against employers
She also facilitates training for employers on such topics as strike preparation and positive employee relations.
While in law school, Denise served as senior editor of the Hastings Law Journal and as a student law clerk for the National Labor Relations Board Division of Judges in San Francisco for a year, where she gained particular expertise with the National Labor Relations Act and NLRB proceedings. Prior to law school, she worked as a licensed clinical social worker.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, National Italian American Bar Association