A skilled litigator with over 25 years of trial experience, Courtney B. Wilson has tried employment cases before judges, juries and arbitrators throughout Florida, appearing in all state and federal trial courts and in administrative proceedings. In addition, he has handled multiple cases in the United States Supreme Court, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and state appellate courts throughout Florida. Courtney’s expertise includes:
- Prosecuting and defending non-compete, unfair competition and trade secret claims
- Litigating complex employment contract claims
- Defending discrimination and harassment claims
- Appellate practice
- Defending public accommodation claims under Title III of the Americans With Disabilities Act
His practice ranges from representing small employers defending single plaintiff cases to acting as lead counsel for a Fortune 10 multi-national corporation in a nationwide class action.
Prior to joining Littler Mendelson, Courtney was an equity partner and head of the labor and employment practice of a prominent Miami boutique litigation firm and, later, at the Miami office of a prominent national firm.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section - Florida Bar, 2002 - 2003
- Former Member, Labor and Employment Law Section Executive Council - Florida Bar
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, 1999-2013