Charley C. DeWitt represents management in the defense of employment litigation of all types, including:
- Wrongful termination
- Title VII
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- All Michigan discrimination laws
He appears in all state and federal courts in Michigan and in federal courts throughout the Midwest. He represents national retailers among many clients.
Charley is a founding member and the office-managing shareholder at Littler Mendelson's Detroit office.
Prior to joining Littler, he was a founding shareholder of another law firm in Detroit where he practiced for 15 years. Before founding his own firm, he was a partner in the Employment Litigation Section at a large Detroit firm for 15 years. Charley also served as a law clerk for the Michigan Court of Appeals, and for Chief Judge Fred Kaess in the United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Named, America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Chambers USA, 2012
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, 1995-2013
- Awarded, Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rating
- Named, Super Lawyers - Michigan