Bonnie L. Kristan practices in the areas of workers' compensation, occupational safety and health matters, unemployment and employment litigation. She practices before federal and state courts and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Industrial Commission of Ohio, the Ohio Unemployment Compensation Review Commission, and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission.
Specifically, Bonnie focuses on all levels of workers' compensation representation, including:
- Administrative hearings
- Court appeals
- Mandamus actions
- Violations of specific safety requirements
- Intentional tort cases
She has extensive knowledge of the Ohio Workers' Compensation Act and she has successfully handled numerous cases involving discrimination and retaliation.
Additionally, Bonnie provides counsel and strategic guidance on a wide range of employment-related issues, such as:
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Leave and accommodation issues in the workers' compensation context
Bonnie serves as a member of the firm's Associates Committee.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Legislative chair, Medina County Society for Human Resource Management
- Secretary, Treasurer and Member, Workers' Compensation Section - Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Self-Insurers' Group of Ohio
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Participant, YWCA Women's Leadership Boot Camp
- Leadership Medina County, Class of 2010-2011
- Ohio Women's Bar Foundation Leadership Institute, Class of 2011-2012
- Recipient, Law Fellows Scholarship
- Named, Rising Star - Ohio, 2005, 2006 and 2009