Suitable Seating for Your Employees -Is Your Company Compliant, or at Risk?
The "suitable seating" requirement has been on the books for nearly a century, but until recently it had never been enforced—that is quickly changing! And although most of the litigation has focused on the retail industry, it is only a matter of time until it spreads to employers in other industries as a "suitable seating" requirement is contained in nearly every California Wage Order.
Don't take these cases sitting down—join us on June 29, 2011 for this complimentary webinar led by Littler attorneys Marlene Muraco and Karin Cogbill, who are both currently handling a seating case for their client, as they address what triggered the recent influx of lawsuits around this issue and the legal theory the Plaintiffs are using to justify their claims.
This 60-minute presentation will also cover:
- The status of the suitable seating lawsuits filed to date and the two recent appellate decisions;
- The only decision issued to date which addresses the merits of a suitable seating claim, as well as the only opinion letter ever issued by the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement on this topic;
- What the wage order actually requires and which positions are particularly at risk for suitable seating lawsuits;
- Potential actions employers can take to minimize their liability for such claims; and
- What other little known provisions of the wage order may be susceptible to similar enforcement actions.
10:00 am – 11:00 am PT
11:00 am – 12:00 pm MT
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm CT
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm ET
Login information will be emailed prior to the webinar. CLE and SPHR pending approval.*
For more information, please contact Keith Upton at 415.399.8450 or email@example.com.
*The following states do not approve CLE credit for webinars: AL, AR, IN, IA, KS, LA, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC.