Landmines, Trends and Tools
Are you weathering the economic challenges? Beginning to believe the recession might really end in 2010? Maybe even thinking it could be time to start expanding your business and adding employees? Optimism is a good thing – but what should you be cautious about on the employment front as you move forward?
Unfortunately, there are a number of new developments in case law and legislation that present potential landmines that you’ll need to avoid to be successful. This Breakfast Briefing – which will be offered in four locations around Northern California – will survey some of these minefields and teach you how to effectively chart your course around them. We’ll discuss the latest employment-related issues, such as:
- Ongoing discriminatory pay claims – the impact of the Lilly Ledbetter Act
- Exploring flexible hiring options – introducing the contingent worker to your company
- Reacting to reverse discrimination claims after Ricci
- Pandemic health concerns – how to handle the return of the swine flu and other contagious diseases
- EFCA update – are you ready for a union in your workplace without having any say?
- Healthcare reform – what to expect from Congress
Join us for a program you won’t want to miss – dedicated to prevention and planning for workplace 2010!
Registration: 8:00 am
Program: 8:30 am - 10:00 am
Q&A: 10:00 am - 10:30 am
CLE and SPHR/PHR credit will be requested.
Questions? Please contact Cheri Devlin at CDevlin@littler.com or 408.961.7105.